Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Fundamentals: Rise Up!


              Being from Georgia, I am naturally an Atlanta Falcons fan. If you don’t who they are, they are Atlanta, Georgia’s professional football team. Currently right now they are tied for the best record (11-2, 11 wins and 2 loses) in the National Football League (NFL).  I always keep a close watch on the Falcons, even during the years they had horrible seasons. I am not bandwagon fan. Whether we go 0-16 or 16-0, I am a diehard Atlanta Falcons fan! This season has been unique and it’s not just because they are winning a lot of games. But this year they’ve this campaign going on called Rise Up! The idea being that every team has obstacles to face but only the great teams rise up the occasion and overcome those obstacles. For the Falcons that obstacle is winning in the playoffs where they’ve lost the first game of the playoffs every year for the past for years. So what does this has to do with having a quarter life crisis?
                In life we all face challenges. I don’t know what yours are and you don’t know what mine are but we all have them. But in order to become who we are meant to become we must rise up to these challenges and face them head on. Some people, and I can be guilty of this myself, run away from problem after problem. And I’m not talking about they back down in the face of adversity and coward to a corner and cry like a little schoolgirl. I’m talking about making excuses as to why something didn’t work out. Or complaining about life circumstances. Talking about how unfair life is.
                Well here’s something that you probably don’t want to hear me say: Life’s rough and it’s unfair. Now don’t get me wrong sometimes people are treated maliciously and cruelly by other people and those injustices need to be brought to the public’s attention and my heart goes out to those people. But even still we all been given our life and we’re only going to get one of it. And each life comes with its on set of challenges.
                I’m not saying things aren’t hard or things aren’t fair. I’m saying the exact opposite: things are hard and things are unfair, but what are you going to do about it? I think in order for anyone going through any kind of challenge in their life, they need to rise up to the occasion and overcome. Maybe they need to rise up emotionally, maybe they need to rise financially, or maybe it’s something in their character that needs to be refined. Nothing in life worth having is going to be free or easy. Someone is going to have to give their blood for it, why not be you?
                Is this challenging? Making you a little uneasy? That’s because it should. I can’t tell you how many I needed someone to shake things up in my life and just tell me the truth about things. If life seems too hard right now, it isn’t. If things seem unbearable, they’re not. If things seem too difficult, they aren’t. If life seems unfair, that’s because it is. But, now what? Someone gave you a life and it’s your decision what you’re going to do with it. We all can think a person who had “the odds stacked up against them” and yet rose up to the challenge. This is a time to rise up. Do everything you can that is within your ability and after you have, don’t quit until you see what you want accomplished, accomplished.  I really do hope the Atlanta Falcons rise up, but the questions for your life is what are your obstacles and will you rise up?

No comments:

Post a Comment