Monday, December 2, 2013

Exposing the Lies: You Can Be Successful And Hit The Snooze Button

                
WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! Today we are continuing our series on Exposing The Lies. Today’s lie: “You Can Be Successful And Own A Snooze Button” I just had a powerful “Quiet Time” this morning where I was studying out laziness. Now you may not be a Christian or believe in the Bible but you must respect wisdom. This is deep. So there’s only one thing you need to do if you want to start making progress out of your quarter-life crisis. And that one thing is STOP PUSHING THAT SNOOZE BUTTON!
                The reason why so many of us are even in the situation we are in now is because we’re lazy and we procrastinate. Trust me, I know. I obtained my PhD in Procrastination by the time I turned 17. I had it down to a science. I used to say things like: “I’m good” “I got this under control” “I work better under pressure” And a lot of you say that too. You said that in high school, you said that college, and now you’re sitting here like, “Man, what am I going to do with my life?”
                No one benefits from a snooze button. “Laziness brings on a deep sleep” Proverbs 19:15. Isn’t that true? On the days where you sleep in or on days where you hit the snooze button repeatedly, you’re more tired, you have less energy, and you miss tremendous opportunity.
                So you may be thinking, “I need my 8 hours. I can’t function without my 8.” Okay, let me put this into perspective for you. You have 24hrs a day. If you spend 8 of it sleeping, you spend a 1/3 of your day dreaming about doing something, instead of actually doing something. You need to learn to be able to function at full capacity off 3, 4, 5, and maybe even 2 hours of sleep if you want to progress your life. Some days you not even be able to go to sleep! “Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have food to spare.” Proverbs 20:13
                You got to hate the snooze button. I know for myself, if I wake up past 6am I’m mad at myself. Why? Because I know that I let an hour or two past and I’m never going to get those hours back. They’re gone forever. There’s nothing I can do about it. I’m trying to wake up at 5am or 4am on my off day just because. Eventually I’m going to start getting up at 3am because I need to attack all those boring tedious tasks I hate doing so that by 10am, I can use the next 12 hours to work on what’s important to me.
                So I’ll say it again, WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! Stop pressing that snooze button! You’re the only one who is suffering. Stop complaining about how boring your assignments are and get to work on them. Make them a thing of the past so you can have more time to focus on what’s really important to you. The rapper 50 Cent said, “Sleep is for those who are broke” It’s true, you can’t be successful and stay in bed. So stop pushing that snooze button. It’s hard but if it was easy you wouldn’t want it anyway. Lie exposed!

Wakin up at eight, is too late to be great,
Wake up at seven, not while we’re in a recession,
Wake up at six, and you might get picked,
Wake up at five, now you’re alive,
Wake up four, and you’ll have many open doors,
Wake up at three, and you can be anything you want to be,

No comments:

Post a Comment