Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Heart Can't Be Taught, It Can Only Be Inspired

Some things just can’t be taught. No matter how many classes you take, and no matter how much you study. Some things just can’t be bought. No matter how much money you have, they just don’t sell it. Some things just will not be given. No matter whom you ask, no matter how much you ask, it just will not be given to you.
What I’m talking about is heart. You can’t buy heart. No one can give you heart. No one can teach you heart. It’s something you have or you don’t. You can be the most talented person in the world and have every opportunity in the world to succeed but if you don’t have the heart you will always be searching for more.
Some say, “I do have heart, but I still can’t find a job. I have the heart but I do not have the opportunities. I have the heart but I still don’t know what I’m supposed to be doing.” And therein lays our problem. There will be obstacles and challenges; there is nothing we can do about that. But heart doesn’t have a “but”! When you have heart you find a way to make your dreams a reality. When you have the heart you’re willing to do whatever, whenever, however to see your goals accomplished.
During a quarter life crisis it is easy to lose heart. In fact, you can say that, that was either how we got here or it was the first sign we were having a quarter life crisis. You see, in school that taught you the material. They even equipped you with some skills necessary to succeed. But what they didn’t teach you and what they can’t teach you in school is how to have heart.
Heart is something you get when you look in the mirror and you decide, “That come Hell or High Water, things in my life will be different! Whatever I got to do, whoever I have to talk to, wherever I have to go, I will because I want this with ALL MY HEART!” Did you catch that? ALL YOUR HEART! There is no way to be happy in this life by giving 50% or 70% or 95%, you must give whatever you want to do, everything you got and then find something else and give that too. In fact, you feel worst about yourself when you’re only giving 70%, don’t you? You let yourself down because you know that you’re current effort isn’t the best of you.
Like I said, you can read all the books you want and feel as guilty as you want but that’s not going to change anything. It’s time you invested you’re whole being into something great. Here’s a couple of secrets about giving your whole heart: 1) It’s difficult. Failing isn’t difficult. Getting hurt isn’t difficult. Being excited isn’t difficult. Getting back up again and again and again after you’ve failed repeatedly is hard. Putting yourself back out there after someone close to you hurt you is hard. Being excited when there is nothing visibly to be excited about is hard. 2) They don’t give away heart after 7am. I said it in my last article, you need to get rid of the snooze button. Heart is earned in the wee hours of the morning when everyone else is dreaming. You can’t convince me, or yourself, you’re giving your best in life if you’re still hitting that snooze button. And that’s why you feel miserable. Because you know you’re not giving everything you got.

So like I said: this stuff can’t be bought, it can’t be given, and it can’t be taught. It must be found. When was the last time you talked to yourself in the mirror out loud? I challenge you to do it and find the heart you need to do the things you need to do. It’s your life and I don’t have the heart for your life, only you have that. You just need to go find it 

No comments:

Post a Comment